Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Songs, Nothing But Love Songs

Happy Valentine's Day!

There are so many "old" songs that are just great love songs. This is probably why all of the Valentine's Day cards with sound are using old songs. I was amazed when I went card shopping. I even found myself saying, "Oh My God, I Love That Song!"

Some many come to mind today. I think one of the best is "At Last" by Etta James. Of course, "Crazy" by Patsy Cline is just amazing.

Here are some of my other favorites:
"Something in the Way She Moves" by James Taylor
"When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Krause
"We Belong Together" by Ritchie Valens
"Best of My Love" by the Eagles
"Follow Me" by John Denver
"If I Were A Carpenter" by Bobby Darin

Well, I have a few errands to run and then I'm off to play a private country club with my band tonight...where we can play our favorite love songs, nothing but love songs!

1 comment:

  1. oooh im so in love with the songs you listed :) i agree crazy is amazing but at last is my favoirte song. im so incredibly sappy lol howd the gig go? happy valentines day ( a day late ) shelly

    ReplyDelete