Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Everyday" in a Macy's ad

I can't believe it! I was watching TV and just saw the new Macy's ad. If you listen to the song, it is "Everyday" by Buddy Holly. The song plays in the background, but sung by a woman. It is just one more example of how his music lives on.

Every so often, someone will ask me "Why do you play such old music?" Well, I think the answer is obvious. Whether it is in a commercial or a movie or sampled by a hip-hop/rap artist, these songs are timeless. Eventually, there will be no more "oldies."

I get a little laugh every time someone asks for the new song by so and so. It is usually...a remake of an old song.

I hope you get as much enjoyment out of these songs as I do playing them. Just remember, that new song, may not be so new!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the name of the woman who sings that song?
    I would REALLY appreciate it if you did know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to figure it out...and I'm just not sure. Buddy Holly and Norman Petty wrote the song. I think it is so cool that it is such a timeless song when you consider Buddy died at 22 years old!

    ReplyDelete