Saturday, March 28, 2009

The World of Wedding Receptions

So, I have performed at over 600 wedding/wedding receptions in my career. I would like to think I’ve seen everything, but new things happen at each one. However, I have learned a lot of “bridal lessons.” Since most people don’t have a chance to attend 600 events, I hope to share insights with brides in the hopes of helping with the planning process.

When I say I’ve seen it all, I mean it – from the uncle who gave secrets of the bachelor party in a toast (regarding a secret bachelor party), the maid of honor telling intimate secrets about the bride and groom the parents wouldn’t want to know, to uncomfortable, expected formal dances (with your father and/or step-father), to every weather problem possible (a tent that collapsed from too much rain, etc.) While every problem can’t be predicted, planning can help. Visit www.omgilts.com for planning tools.

Stay tuned for future updates that just may help you avoid “the worse case scenario.”

1 comment:

  1. I think the prospective bride and groom need to THINK THROUGH their special day from not only THEIR perspective, but also from the perspective of their guests. Where will everyone be when? What will they be doing?

    Just saw your tweet about "Ipod Weddings". I have no problem with an Ipod wedding - if there is a DJ or other prepared announcer/organizer to carry off what the couple wants. Half the time, they haven't thought about it. Now, maybe having a 4 page plan of details for the DJ (as we did almost 15 years ago!) is a bit much, but at least everyone was on the same page and there was still plenty of room for spontaneity and surprises.

    ReplyDelete