Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Loving Dog

In my life, I have met many pets. Sometimes when I’m doing a private party in someone’s house, their dog or cat will befriend me. They might take a nap next to me, or even sometimes, try to sing a little with me.

I know everyone thinks their cat, dog, bird, iguana or hamster is just the funniest, cutest or does the best tricks. This may well be true. I know I would enter my childhood dog, Goldie, in several of those categories.

However, I’ve had the fortune and blessing to share a home with the most amazing dog ever. This dog, who is a Border Collie, is not only the smartest dog I’ve ever met, he truly is the most human like.

I know, EVERYONE thinks that.

This doggie can sniff my clothes and know whether we are going to lounge around the house or go to store or I’ll be gone all day. He plays hide and seek and can remember if we have a new hiding place! Until age got the better of him, he would sit up on his back legs just to watch us. He would even do this on a porch swing…watching the cars drive by and enjoying the day.

He can stare at me and I know whether he wants to go out or wants a snack. This I think is an example of him training me! He thinks he is a human with ESP. He believes he has great telepathic abilities. And, he does communicate better than most of people I’ve known!

I first met this amazing companion when he was three. He found my wife in his earliest puppyhood. Our lives are more filled because of him! He adds so much.

Unfortunately, today does mark the one month anniversary of his passing. I’ll miss him forever. But, I know my mom is looking after him and watching him run and play free of pain…back to those puppy activities from when I first met him.

KB March 2008

K.B.
Always loved
February 1995-August 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment